NAGI Foundation provides a variety of animal medical and behavioral support programs to assist Salt River Pima-Maricopa Indian Community members. Learn more about all our programs below.
Note: Our Animal Health Clinics are temporarily canceled due to COVID-19. Animal Health Clinics and other events in the Community will resume as soon as it is safe to do so. Please see below for additional information if you are seeking assistance.
Animal Health Clinic
Our Animal Health Clinics offer a range of free medical and behavioral services Services for Salt River Pima-Maricopa Indian Community members. Learn More
Salt River K9 Youth Program
In partnership with the Salt River Community Children’s Foundation and the Boys and Girls Club of Greater Scottsdale, NAGI Foundation offers a specialized program for Salt River youth aged 13-18. Learn More
Medical Assistance (COVID-19 Update)
While our monthly clinics are on hold due to COVID-19, NAGI Foundation can still provide some medical care for Salt River Pima-Maricopa Indian Community Members’ pets. Please note that are unable to provide emergency assistance.
Low Cost surgery appointments available at a discounted price of $20/pet for SRPMIC members through Altered Tails.
- Dogs and cats must be at least 3 lbs and 3 weeks old.
- Available at two locations, in Mesa and Phoenix.
- Pain medication, vaccines & microchip also included.
- You must enter “SRPMIC Discount” in the comments when booking online to receive the discount.
NOTE: If you are unable to pay online, call or email the Altered Tails clinic you prefer, to schedule your appointment and bring payment at the time of your appointment. Be sure to mention that you are an SRPMIC member.
Limited free surgery appointments are also available through our partners with Midwestern University in Glendale for both cats and dogs. Dogs must be under 25 lbs. To get more information and request an appointment please fill out this form.
Wellness Appointments through Midwestern University
Limited FREE appointments available at Midwestern University clinic in Glendale.
- Appointments for wellness exams, vaccines and microchips available weekday mornings. Email us at firstname.lastname@example.org to schedule an appointment. Include your name and contact information as well as pet name, breed, and age.
- Appointments for non-urgent sick or injured pets available on some weekday afternoons. Email us at email@example.com to schedule an appointment. Include your name and contact information as well as pet name, breed and age, as well as a description and photos to show what is wrong.
IMPORTANT: If your pet is in a serious life-threatening situation, we urge you to visit a local emergency clinic. We are not available for emergency care. Find a list of local veterinarians, including emergency clinics here. (Some do offer payment plans.)