Pet Food Pantry
A meaningful gift can be as simple as providing pets with all the comforts they need to stay happy and healthy at home, like pet food, beds, toys, treats and so much more!
Our pet food pantry provides pets and pet guardians with food to keep pets well- fed, in their own loving homes, ultimately reducing the risk of owned animals entering the shelter system or being abandoned. We accept food that is new, has been opened, and/or is expired, but food must be in its original packaging.
Items we need:
- New/unopened bags of kibble strongly preferred
- Adult cat food – both dry and canned
- Small dog breed food
- Kitten & puppy food
- Senior food
- Grain-free or allergy-sensitive foods (Blue Buffalo is a good option)
- Dog and cat treats (soft treats, crunchy treats, jerky style)
- Unscented clumping cat litter
- Cat litter boxes (new only)
- Dog & Cat bedding (new or gently used only)
- Dog & cat collars and leashes (new or gently used only)
- Dog & cat crates or kennels
- Cat trees (new or gently used only)
- Dog & Cat toys
Items we cannot take:
- Chewy treats (e.g. rawhides, dental treats, bully sticks)
- Used litter boxes
- Retractable leads or leashes
- Prong collars, “choke chains” or collars that shock
For questions about pet food donations or the Pet Food Pantry program, or to coordinate a drop off of items, please email [email protected]
You can also donate items through the NAGI Foundation Amazon Wishlist. Select from a list pet food, treats and supplies we are always in need of and have them shipped directly to us. It’s hassle-free!
If you are a Salt River Pima-Maricopa Indian Community member and would like to attend a Pet Food Pantry event to receive pet food or supplies, please visit our Events page to find upcoming opportunities.